Blood Orange Tart
Lussuria Bakery (run by the fabulous Georgina) is a vegan friendly cakes, desserts and recipe creator. Each creation is work of art and certainly not to be missed out on. Try out their amazing Blood Orange Tart recipe:-
- 150ml freshly squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 zested blood orange (grate if you would like the skin to show more in the tart)
- 470ml full fat coconut milk
- 50g sugar
- 1/2 tsp agar powder
- 3 tbsp corn starch
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 300g hobnob biscuits
- 115g vegan butter
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C
- Add the biscuits to a food processor and blend until it's a fine crumb.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Once melted, add the biscuit crumb to the pan (off the heat) and mix.
- Press the biscuit mixture firmly into a 10x10 tart tin (with a removable bottom) so that the bottom of the tin is covered evenly. Place into the oven for 8 minutes.
- At this Stage the base may have risen slightly. Take a small spoon and push the mixture back into place to leave enough room for the curd. Leave to cool.
- Once the base is completely cool, add the remainder of the ingredients to a saucepan. Bring to a boil for a couple of minutes, stirring constantly. Bring the heat down and continue stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Pour your thickened blood orange curd into the tart tin and place in the fridge to set for a minimum of 2 hours.
- Once set, you can decorate with blood oranges, kumquats and and anything else you wish.
Photo Credit @lussuriabakery (instagram)
Feel free to add your own twist, take pictures and share with us
Good luck and let us know how you get on!